Solar Eclipse

Today, a total solar eclipse is visible in a track from Brazil to Togo (West Africa), then northeast to Libya, Turkey, Russia and ending on the Mongolian border at sunset. Here in Stornoway, the maximum percentage of the sun that is obscured is 15%. In the southern UK it's 25%, at 11.30. A live feed from southern central Turkey is available on the internet, from which I take a number of pictures. I join it the moment it starts at 10.30, as these links tend to reach capacity pretty quickly. Maximum in Turkey is reached at 11.55 BST and lasts for just under 4 minutes.

2 comments:

ADB said...

Very cool pics! John and I looked at them together! He is an amateur astronomer.

BTW, after I sent you that other email this morning, I remembered you, lol. You have been a regular reader of the MDS journal. Silly me. Just forget about the other email, lol.

Krissy

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Comment from fisherkristina - 02/04/06 14:11

ADB said...

Very interesting.love the full corona and the diamond ring effect. Don't understand the hydrogen bit though.... Didn't know there was to be a solar eclipse then. Eve
Comment from mllevl - 30/03/06 19:17