Monday 30/01/06

Gorgeous day, sunny, cloudless and not too cold. Reports suggest it was about 7C / 45F at midday, and although there was a force 4 southwesterly wind, it was quite acceptable. Went out for a walk to Sandwick at 2 o'clock, round by the Coastguard Station, the Powerstation, down Miller Road and along Sandwick Bay. I had intended to cut through the graveyard to Sandwick Road, but a burial was taking place. As I was going down Miller Road, I could hear a piper playing "Amazing Grace". A group of darkly clad people were standing by a grave, with a heap of sand beside it. I carried on past the cemetery to Lower Sandwick. Walked up the road to the A866 main road and made my way back to town. Along there stands a pile of a mansion which looks horrendously out of place. After dropping the camera off at mrs B's, who is out shopping, I went on to Somerfields for some shopping of my own.

Note: The pictures were intended to replace some for walk 3182 with Walking World, but the heavy shadows put paid to that idea.

Supper tonight: runner beans, spuds, onion rings, fried balls of minced meat.

2 comments:

ADB said...

Enjoying the journey you are taking me on.
Thanks for reading my writes.

Lynn
aka Mystic
http://journals.aol.com/urokladream/MysticsDreams/
Comment from urokladream - 31/01/06 02:43

ADB said...

Thanks for visiting my journal & leaving a nice comment! :0)
This is my first visit here, I look forward to getting to read more of your journal in the near future. The pics you posted are wonderful, thanks for sharing! I've put you on alerts.
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/
Comment from sugarsweet056 - 30/01/06 18:10