Saturday 14/10/06

Went out to get the papers from Somerfields, and was treated to a few aerobatic rows between gulls and crows. As I walked up the road, a shell dropped by my feet. What the birds do is to pick a shell from the basin at low tide and drop it from a height to crack it. Once that is achieved, they eat the creature inside. Some birds follow the shell as it falls to the ground, particularly useful in the basin which is a mire of seaweed, rocks and stuff. Spend the afternoon getting up to date with 70 alerts. After sunset, it's dinnertime. Watch the lottery game, but no luck. Again.

1 comment:

ADB said...

Nothing like a flying can opener for the fishermans dream....I love it when nature multitask...

~Raven
http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld

#4 Comment from rebuketheworld - 18/10/06 08:54

Just wondering -- what would you do if you did win the lottery?
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/
#3 Comment from helmswondermom - 17/10/06 18:28

Guido, your essay on the Seagulls is excellent... I thought I was being there! and I must say you are improving with your photo skills, a lot. Wonderful photos. I want to steal them
Valerie
#2 Comment from iiimagicxx - 16/10/06 21:23

That is very interesting about the seagulls and the shells. Helen
#1 Comment from madcobug - 16/10/06 17:07