Saturday 30/09/06

Brilliantly sunny day with a nice breeze. Hop along to the supermarket twice, out of necessity. When I first come there, they're still unloading the lorry. Go on a walk round the Battery later in the afternoon just as the Sgoth is sailing by. Youngsters are necking down in the basin at low tide. Not much else to report, as mrs B has no more guests in for the time being. Supper is lemon chicken with rice and ice cream. The Lottery is once again a complete waste of a pound. Follow typhoon Xangsane on its destructive path towards Vietnam and hurricane Isaac as it scoots north towards Canada.

1 comment:

ADB said...

pretty!
nat
#5 Comment from lurkynat - 04/10/06 05:22

I love the photo of Newton Basin with the clouds reflected in the water! I've had a couple of emails lately to say I've won a million dollars on the Euro lottery! Funny that cos I don't gamble! Jeannette xx
#4 Comment from jlocorriere05 - 02/10/06 21:11

Its amazing how the great waters and mountains are so humbling if you stare at it long....
#3 Comment from rebuketheworld - 02/10/06 19:57

Good morning! I visited your map and finally realized you live on the northern western (?) tip of Scotland. My Great Grandmother and Great Grandmother King both came from Scotland, having joined the Mormon Church. They met on the boat, married, and pushed a handcart across the plains to Utah. Hardy people they were. Grandfather apostisized and drank the considerable assets he had acquired up and died fairly young. My Grandmother lived past 90.
#2 Comment from gehi6 - 02/10/06 15:33

I've been playing our lottery here too. Total waste!
Pam
#1 Comment from lanurseprn - 02/10/06 15:29