Friday 09/06/06

Up early in the morning to attend more Mod competitions - the primary school unison singing contest and the melodeon competition. Schools are those from in and around Stornoway, such as Back, Bayble, Lochs, Laxdale, Tong and Lionel. Good performances all round. Am asked to reseat myself elsewhere in the Town Hall, to allow pupils to sit together. It's well organised; the 9 schools manage to pull off their pieces within 1 hour. I hare across to the British Legion to attend the melodeon competition. Before they start properly, the accordeon competitions have yet too finish. The president of An Comunn Gaidhlig calls me out to advise me not to take photographs, as I had been doing in the Town Hall. He could have stopped me there, but found it necessary to dog my steps up the road. Enough said about that, I'm well displeased. Mrs B comes along to the final concert in the Sports Centre at 7 pm, which turns into a 3 hour 45 minutes marathon. Forty-six performances, some of lesser standard than the original competitions. Mostly very good, particularly of the young ones; it starts at age 6. Concert finishes at 10.45. Mrs B's son decides to take his caravan out at 3 in the morning. Like you do.

1 comment:

ADB said...

I'd have been so mad if they'd stopped me from taking pictures. GEEZ! You're right...what kind of world do we live in?
Pamela
Comment from lanurseprn - 10/06/06 19:32

Oh yes, I always take my caravan out at that time too!! It's tradition! I think these officials who've been asking you not to take photos need to get a life. It's so sad that honest people like yourself are harrassed. Jeannette xx
Comment from jlocorriere05 - 10/06/06 17:49