Sunday 11/06/06

Brilliantly sunny day, but very windy. It's warm by Lewis standards, with the mercury at a steady 20C / 68F. Wind reaches force 6 in gusts, which leads to a ballet of banging doors. Because of the warmth inside, the windows are open. So you get drafts. Anyway, it could be worse. Over in the Caribbean, Tropical Depression ONE has turned into Tropical Storm ALBERTO, the first named storm of the season. He is forecast to trek across central Florida into the western Atlantic, to join the jetstream by next weekend. It's a lazy day in Stornoway. At 5pm, I go over to the Coastguard Station to take pictures of waves crashing into the retaining wall under the causeway. I chat to a man who is going to take his boat out with his young son - bit windy, not? Enjoy sun and wind on Green Island for a bit. The isthmus between Goat Island and Green Island is covered in crab shells and crab claws. Supper is prepared for me by mrs B. Late in the evening, the full moon rises behind Arnish Lighthouse - see separate entry.

1 comment:

ADB said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my journal! My brother in law is in the coast guard too. Thank you for serving our country! Barbara
Comment from mastersblynn - 12/06/06 16:44

OWN REPLY: I'm sorry to say that I am not in the coastguard.