Tuesday 25/07/06

The family from Lancashire depart on the 7.15 ferry, without saying very much. Next to leave is mrs B's son, who never likes to go, so it's a last-second affair. With two pancakes in his pocket, he dashes by taxi to the ferry terminal, just in time for the 1.45 departure. Fairly bright day (see pics 1 and 2). The 3 tropical storms in the Pacific all head for extinction. Daniel comes to a dead stop 850 miles east of Hawaii; Kaemi storms into mainland China, dumps a load of rain and simpers out. Only Emilia intensifies temporarily, sweeping Baja California (the 800 mile long peninsula south of San Diego) with 50 kt winds and 4 inches of rain. I get the shopping in, admire the honeysuckle in the backgarden (picture 3) and have a quiet evening, watching rubbish on the television. I mean, you have 500 channels on Sky and not one is really worth the bother of watching. Yawn.

1 comment:

ADB said...

Rather you than me watching rubbish on TV! Even when I had one I rarely turned it on which made me decide to get rid of it! Jeannette xx
Comment from jlocorriere05 - 26/07/06 23:25