Friday 16/06/06

Not the most brilliant of days, quite grey and misty. Shreds of fog later descend to beneath the tops of the Arnish moor. Am totally bunged up as a result of a headcold; head feels like it's full of cotton wool. I therefore do not show my face out of doors. I find a poem on the Iolaire by Iain Crichton-Smith; I can only give you the link for reasons of copyright. It's important to also read the explanation both before and after reading the poem. A man who is a Stornowegian but presently lives in Renfrewshire (west of Glasgow) gives some further info on this subject as well. My Aberdeen contact gives me further addenda to the list of names associated with the disaster. The Press and Journal carries the story of the man who squandered £158k on the Internet. Keep an eye on former tropical storm Alberto, who is currently in mid Atlantic. Looks set to bring lots of rain to us on Sunday. Temperature a very mediocre 12C. To be honest: I prefer that over the 30+C they have in Germany in relation to the football world cup. My lack of capitalisation should hint at my opinion on that event.

1 comment:

ADB said...

I can't stand all the hype on the world cup either. I've used small case on my journal when I briefly mentioned it. I hope the head cold goes soon and that fog lifts to give you more pleasant weather. Jeannette xx
Comment from jlocorriere05 - 17/06/06 18:32